28 January 2011

So much to do, so little time...

Time feels like it is running out. I have about three and a half weeks left here in Ghana. One week is set aside to travel to the Ashanti region and visit my Ewe friends there. So that leaves about two weeks left! It feels like it is going by wayyyy too fast!

I'm nowhere near completing the paperwork for the NGO. The last thing I'm waiting on is for the Lord to provide the third Ghanaian Director to fill each necessary position. Tomorrow (Saturday) Godson and I are going to look throughout Teƒle, Sokpoe and possibly Sogakoƒe for housing to rent as we must have a permanent address for the NGO "office." We also need to make at least one more trip to check on the churches we have been teaching in.

There are also other relationships that I need to work on growing before I leave. I found out today I offended one of the elders because apparently he was sitting inside some business and I didn't notice him. (In case one doesn't recognize my sarcasm, there IS some there.) However, even though I don't necessarily see it as totally acceptable that one would be offended because someone did not see them, I acknowledge his hurt feelings and have promised to be intentional about looking in "the-store-he-might-occasionally-be-in-sometimes-when-I-walk-by-as-I-happen-to-be-going-to-market." Haha, maybe mindset isn't right but I was sent on a guilt trip more than once today as people questioned me as to why I hadn't stopped by their place to greet them more... One lesson I'm always learning, there's a balance to everything and one cannot please everyone.

One weekend I'm hoping to treat Edi's mother's family and Pastor James' family to a day at the beach. Maybe next weekend we will cram 8 adults, 11 children and one driver into a a 15 passenger van (Oh joy!! :) and travel an hour or so to the beach where all but two will see it for the first time. I think it will be a good day if it works out.

One thing I would seek prayer from YOU about, since you are keeping up with this blog, is the possibility of this ministry partnering with a U.S. discipleship ministry. The beginning of this process might possibly require me to travel to Italy this summer rather than return to Ghana to complete paperwork as expected. We never know until God works things out the way He wants them.

One thing I know, He's called us to disciple so we are working on discipling now in Ghana and working toward following where God is leading us and in what ways He would call us to disciple believers. I'm excited to see what directions He leads!! This faith life is always an adventure!

Thank you for your prayers, for your support, and your faithfulness to our King!

No comments:

Post a Comment