19 January 2011

Tired

For the first time since I’ve been here, I’m ready to get away. Not to leave Ghana but to go to a village where I don’t know anyone and stay in a hotel and not greet anyone, not study the language, not do anything but read my Bible, pray and sleep.

I’ve been praying about some things and have some unexplained feelings that make me unsure of exactly what direction God is leading the ministry here.

This morning while I washed my laundry I just sang and worshiped God. I sought answers as to why I may feel this way.

I’m tired and feel somewhat burdened by Ɛvɛgbɛ studies, responsibilities to those we have been ministering to, demands placed on me by my friends and even by people I don’t even know, making sure in all areas I am being accountable, questions of who else God would lead us to, and the biggest one, my own personal time. I am well aware that “quiet” is out of the question but even just “me time” is difficult. I don’t need it every day but once and a while it is truly refreshing.

Our sermon Sunday was in Matthew 11:28-30. I trust that as I choose to be yoked with Christ and learn from Him, my soul will find rest from these burdens.

I certainly hope if any reading this are feeling burdened that they too will find rest in Christ! J

Thank You Lord that You think of Your servants enough to call us Your own and join Your Son and learn from Him. I praise You for Your faithfulness, even when I am not.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling low and tired today. Maybe you need a trip to Tema or a neck rub at that place in Sogakope. Just a little break-trip. Hope you get to feeling better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete