30 January 2011

PROSPERITY Gospel = Heartbroken Sandra (Part 3)

(Note: If you read this blog before you will notice I pretty much deleted all but the end. After a work spoken my a Ghanaian here, my own heart was revealed and felt these lyrics to "Lead Me to the Cross" were more appropriate than my former rant. :)

"Savior I come, quiet my soul, remember redemption's hill where Your blood was spilled, for my ransom. And everything I once held dear, I count it all as lost.

Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out. Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to You. Oh lead me, lead me to the cross.

You were as I, tempted and tried, human. The Word became flesh, bore my sin and death now you're risen. And everything I once held dear, I count it all as lost.

Lead me to Your heart."

I praise the Lord that to this day I choose Jesus over anything this world or pseudo-gospel could even pretend to offer me.

Father You are real. You are ever-present. You are gracious. Your love reigns and Your mercy is forever. In You we find hope and rest and peace. In Your Son we find life. Through His blood we are redeemed. Through Your Spirit we are empowered. By Your love we can live life fully for Your kingdom’s cause without hesitation, without fear, without regret, and without shame. Father, You’ve given us a choice to store up treasures in this life or to store up treasures in heaven. Help us to choose wisely as reality hits us and decisions are not easy at times. Speak to us through Your Spirit, Your word and those who are truly Yours. May the only ‘prosperity’ we devote our lives to be the prospering of souls for Your kingdom. And may we be able to humbly confess that we will take advantage of the opportunities set before us, whether they be ones we would label as fun/positive or those which might be labeled difficult/negative…may we handle each of them as a good steward for Christ’s name’s sake. Thank You my King. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment