11 January 2011

Answered Prayer...no changes

Well, there are almost no changes.

In the previous blog I mentioned some possible changes that would have a great effect on ministry efforts. I was forced to sit down and evaluate what exactly it is God is calling me to do this very moment and pray about what He has in store for the remainder of this trip.

The changes I anticipated were that Godson would be leaving to attend school. As it turned out, the school he was placed at had given away his spot. So that means he must wait until September to be admitted once again.

Through this ordeal (yes, it has been an ordeal) as well as the time spent in ministry with Godson, I have been able to witness his personal character and manner of business. I have prayed for months as to whether he might be someone the Lord has put in such a place to join in ministry and throughout this process I believe I have received confirmation and tomorrow (Jan. 12) I will sit down with him and discuss the ministry's vision etc., and see where he stands and how he might see the Lord calling him to serve.

This would be the only change- if Godson does accept the invitation to partner in ministry and walk along side me through the establishment of the NGO process. We are waiting on the first form to come tomorrow and are hoping to have it completed by the end of this week.
The form includes many aspects of which the Lord would need to provide just the right people and information. It may not be done by the end of the week. I spoke with a pastor today and both of us agreed, "It's better to wait on the Lord than to proceed unsure."

We will wait on the Lord. As we wait, will you pray? Pray that every step is according to His will, every person is chosen by Him, and every blank filled in on the form is according to His purpose and our service to Him!

After this form is completed and turned in, we will wait for a certificate and then have one other part to complete in order to be established. Thankfully I have friends in our district that I didn't even know where a part of the District Assembly who hopefully will vouch for my character, ministry and look out for me.

Many missionaries come up against problems when going through processes like this one. Would you pray that God would safeguard us in this area? It seems it's nearly unheard of to be able to be processed without bribes or some sort of blackmailing etc. I have been very cautious in every aspect since the beginning of last year when I first came to stay long-term. I have been sure to "walk worthy" and live "above reproach" so that no one has anything to come up against me with. Even still, people may talk. But our Lord is sovereign over every mouth and every heart, even if they've not chosen Him! So please pray for the covering and protection as the Holy Spirit guides, counsels and directs us through this process!

I am so excited! I wish I could have the paperwork completed tomorrow! As it is, I will need to explain everything I understand to those who God calls from Ghana as most have never been a part of or learned about organizations.

Thank You Father for Your faithfulness and Your Truth! May we continue to walk worthy! Convict us where we need to be convicted, encourage us where we need encouragement and strengthen us in the areas with which we need strength! Only You can do these things! Please cover this ministry with Your hand and allow us to work with Your eyes, Your mouth and Your heart! We commit ourselves to You! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment