03 January 2011

Things I Enjoy in Ghana

I love...
  • watching a Ghanaian's face light up with a smile.
  • the innocence.
  • watching children use their imaginations. They pretend they are cooking, sweeping, driving, traveling, in a band, fighting, etc. :)
  • watching football (a.k.a. soccer.)
  • all of the fruit trees- banana, plantain, mango, papaya, pineapple, passion fruit...and so much more
  • my friends
  • the gracious mindset for an awkward foreigner
  • seeing random things like sheep chillin' outside the house
  • love, love, love seeing so many pairs of shoes of all sizes outside my door, meaning I have many visitors.
  • Alvaro! Although I've only had three since I've been here. I'm rationing! :)
  • red pepper sauce! Mmm, better than Tres Greasy!
  • ginger cookies...stout!
  • seeing children pick up something new and retain it.
  • LOVE hearing children quote Bible verses, especially ones that are not the "well-known" ones.
  • seeing the women dressed so beautifully in their traditional "slit and kaba" outfits. Especially the colorful ones or the white ones!
  • learning to cook traditional African dishes
  • seeing children dressed up for church
  • hearing the variety in car horns as they pass by my window
  • the upbeat music!
  • the moments where my heart and soul are completely at rest and I sit in the shade with a small breeze blowing and enjoying the peace and stillness within me and I think, "God, I could spend the rest of my life here." ...and then a chicken comes by and disturbs me or a kids starts throwing a temper tantrum...haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment