07 April 2010

Life is but a Vapor

It has been a theme in my life lately how temporal our bodies are (as you may have already noticed.)

I have all kind of silly worries when it comes to my own body. The most recent one was getting my hair cut. I was so afraid it would turn out bad. I finally got it cut and guess what? It was a bad haircut. But it’s not permanent and I feel silly for wasting time thinking about it.

There are other things that I take more seriously like my health and safety. But even still those are not entirely in my control.

I found out just a few hours ago that a friend, a beautiful young woman that I went to college with passed away yesterday. Her name was Heather and she was my age, married and has a four month old daughter named Ava.
Anyone who knew her knew that she was absolutely full of life and loved the Lord and
put Him first.

Her life is a testament in many ways. One way is that we simply do not know when we will draw our last breath.

I thought about her family left behind and ask God, “Why?” And just as I finished that thought it was like I knew she, not wanting to be removed from the presence of Jesus, would respond, “I don’t want to be anywhere else. This is what I’ve lived for.”

I know its likely no one knows this family, but please join me in prayer for Jacob, her husband, Ava and their extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment