15 April 2012

KidsGames


Much has gone on in the last 72 hours. I am sitting at a newly completed desk that my  dear friend , Carlin, built. He has since left Ghana and now I am here as the lone American working with the ministry. This is good and, well, mostly good I suppose. I miss my dear loved ones more than ever. At the same time, as I arrived home I found myself on my knees. All I have is Jesus. Now I have some awesome friends and co-laborers for Jesus, this is true. At the same time, I cannot rely on “my people” (as they say here) as my coping mechanism at which to vent or think through. Now my frustrations must (and should’ve from the beginning) first go to Jesus.

Today we held KidsGames. Due to lack of planning and then, of course, last minute issues, we were not well-prepared. I thought I had done a good job of preparing in the absence of my Ghanaian co-laborers. Unfortunately my Western-organized mind didn’t help the situation.

The way things turned out, we didn’t even get to the MEAT, the Bible stories. The leaders met afterward and decided to scrap the KidsGames Curriculum given and come up with their own. We will meet on Friday to plan the next KidsGames, which will likely be two weeks from today. We shall see. I’m hoping we can still utilize the concepts of KG because they are key to learning.

Today was a good day. Meeting after the games revealed a lot. We have learned from today. We have a better scope and sequence when it comes to our desired outcomes and objectives that will get us there. We will hold a couple more games in Sokpoe to continue to work out kinks and gain a better understanding of the best way to reach these kiddos in a meaning and relevant way.

It’s been a few days since I’ve been THIS exhausted at the end of the day and its not even 8pm!

Tomorrow is a day to go to the farm and weed and then off to the beach!! I have wanted to go for two weeks but more important things have come up. We’ll see what happens for tomorrow!

Please pray for our leadership team. Today we have increased by one! Our team now includes a young man named Aikens (sp?). He loves Jesus and loves football. He wants to be a part of ministering through sports so we warmly welcome him. He is the disciple-ee of Mawuko. J

No comments:

Post a Comment