02 April 2012

Communication Issues

So for a while I felt totally secluded and abandoned here. Okay, that's a stretch but seriously, over the last week or so, most of my communication efforts have failed. When trying to call the US, most often I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. Using Skype, neither of us can hear each other. Email would connect but not let me do anything. The only two people I'd been able to communicate with were my mom and brother. It was a bit disconcerting.

But yesterday I had a couple of breakthroughs. 1) My internet here is like a Pay-As-you-Go phone. You buy credit, top up, and use your phone. The modem takes a SIM card and is used the same way. As it turned out, I had run out of credit and couldn't connect. 2) A dear friend called me via Skype and at first it didn't work but then we were able to chat for over thirty minutes. It was a connection I dearly needed!!

I have now posted several things on here and have been able to connect with some dear ones through Facebook. Connecting with others back home, keeps me in check, brings a touch of reality, familiarity and accountability.

Now that I am no longer in a world saturated with technology and passive forms of communication, I'm grateful for the communications I have had. I'm grateful for my conversations with my mom, Kaden, Kat and others. Thank you Jesus!

God is good y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment