01 April 2012

Post from Robert (typed before March 26th)

Hello I am Robert. You might recognize me as Sandra's brother. 

One might be tempted to believe such a fact as this and my knowing her for nearly 26 years would make me pretty familiar with all of her family.

Well over the last 3 days I have met her sisters, a few brothers… oh and her sons. "She is African woman now!!," they said as she greets them in their native Ɛwe. 

Last night she moved her cot into the living room so that she might sleep surrounded by 6 Ghanaian children who spent the night with us. 

Sandra has always been a bold and proud woman. If you know her you know what I am talking about. In the past couple of years God has taken hold of her heart and she has found a new boldness and a new strength in Him. The kind of boldness that drives a woman to pack all that she owns and bid farewell to all that she knows in order to follow God to a country over 6000 miles away from home in order to show people the kind of love that changes lives.

This has been evident in the numerous visits to Greet people around the village and even in surrounding villages. People are always so blessed when she greets them in their own language. It is amazing how many people Sandra has met in her last few trips here. 

The beautiful family (of Sandra's son) whom she befriended early on assured me that they are going to be looking out for her and that makes the difficult task of leaving her here in a few days a little easier. 

But I must be honest there have been more than a couple of times that I have teared up at that thought. But I know she is daily seeking God in this and I look forward to all that He will do here as a result of her obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment