20 March 2012

By His Grace...mele giye!

After some admittedly somber posts, I'm happy to post about my return to Ghana! Excitement is in the air "E lia?" (Are you around?) People are happy that I am back and especially that I am back to stay.

It's tempting to think that I'm something special in and of myself, but I am reminded of where I was last week, last year, and in the past. I am reminded of God's grace in my life and how this is the only way I can be here. Mele giye!" (I am here!)

By God's grace, my dear friends have overwhelmed me with their support, encouragement, gifts and love. By His grace I have a purpose and its here in Ghana right now. Its exciting. Definitely adventurous. This is freedom. 

As people pray over us and email me I see God's hand in all of this. Truly He is directing us in ministry, day by day, even when we don't realize it!

It has been great to watch "my son" love on Robert as much as he does me. I thought Kwesi might be afraid of him because he is a male. Most kids are that way. But he has made Robert his own little amusement park as he climbs, plays, flies in the air...fun stuff.



Carlin arrives here in our village tomorrow hopefully. I am beyond excited for everyone here to meet him as well. 

I spoke with Mawuko today and we await his planning of the next kids games. I had hoped Robert would be able to be a part but I'm not so sure it will work out.

So summarized on progress...we've greeted many people annnnnnnd that's mostly it. We have been to market, purchased some things to take care of the mission house. Although it sounds like we've not done much, we've pretty much been going strong up until today. Since this afternoon we've mostly been in the house taking it easy as we recover from the heat, walking several miles each day, playing with kids all evening, and greeting, greeting, greeting!

Thanks for staying in touch! Thank you for your support! 

God bless and may His grace be evident in your life today!


1 comment:

  1. I hope Robert posts some pictures. I know you are having a great time. I wish I was there. Too bad I can't just hop on a plane this afternoon. Keep learning your Ewe and have fun speaking it as often as you can :)

    ReplyDelete