15 March 2014

A Prayer for Wisdom

Wisdom. I need it. 

You tell us in Your word “if anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given him.” I lack it. Father, please grant it to me in the upcoming conversations. I am nothing but a menacing obstacle without You and Your wisdom. Please grant the wisdom that You have said You would give generously that I may point to Your Grace in the most perfect way.

You said when we ask, “believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord.” Please grant me strength to have the faith I need to receive the wisdom You will give.

It is so tempting to me to be the little ‘s’ savior- to be the one riding in on the white horse to save mankind- but this is not that to which You’ve called me, not in the least. My desire is to serve You and to share Your Word with others. Before me I see the choice to get in the way or to be an instrument for use. I prefer the latter. But I need wisdom, in Jesus' name, I need Your wisdom.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.


I trust You. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment