18 January 2011

Discernment- Answered Prayer :)

I've been praying for and have asked people back home to pray for discernment on my part for the sake of the ministry and for my own personal sake, to keep me out of harm's way and out of trouble.

We have had some recent male additions to the neighborhood. I was very cautious and hesitant not knowing the people. After they were situated, the opportunity arose for greetings and conversation. My first impression was that they were pleasant, amiable, educated and motivated in their work. They asked many questions about the US which I enjoyed because it gave me insight to their thinking and allowed me to correct some "myths."

After a couple of days however, I had a dream. In this dream one of the men came inside my house. And not only did he come in without permission, but he came all the way over to my bed where I as sleeping, just to ask me to give him something. I wasn't afraid but felt as if someone was saying to me that I should be cautious of this person because if I'm not careful he will mandate that I give more (time, effort, money, etc) than I am willing or able to give with little regard as to how it would affect myself and this ministry. I felt that the dream was intended to show me I should put more distance in newly established friendship.

I've learned when something like this happens and I am sure it is from the Lord, even though I may not understand, I need to be obedient.

As it happened, one recent evening I was instructed to wait until he returned in a few hours from his outing that evening and give him some information. I mentioned that I would be going to bed early and his response was that I should wait.

I remembered my dream and simply stated my plans for the evening and that if he made it back before I closed the door to my house I would assist him. Within the hour I was ready for bed and shut and locked my door for the evening. This morning, as I was playing with "my son" here in the house, the men came to the door.

I mentioned to the one man that I must have been asleep when he returned, to which he replied, "I didn't sleep here last night."

Good thing I didn't wait! I'm still not sure that I totally understand the situation but I feel as if it is an answered prayer. I will seek ways to still be friendly and be Jesus but continue to maintain the distance.

This might sound a bit odd but I truly believe it is answered prayer and as this man is supposed to be here until I leave, I'm glad that I have learned this lesson NOW and not later!

Thank You Lord for answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment