14 May 2011

just You and me here now

Hi Team!!!

It is Saturday and it is 2:37am Central Time...in which still find myself! But with so much to do before my departure, sleep is a low priority!

I drove home Friday (yesterday) after my lovely sister's graduation party. Most of the family was present and I said my goodbyes to my parents and brother, sister, and brother-in-law in Kingsville, TX, knowing it will be August before I see them again. As I drove North on Highway 77 I was listening to David Crowder's song "Only You." Part of the song repeats, "it's just You and me here now, only You and me here now." As the song played I just said, "Yes Lord, its just You and me. No one else is here. My family is back there and I'm driving away."

Parting is always bittersweet! I know I go with the family's blessing but it sure would be nice if they could just all go with me! :) In addition, as I shared with many about the last trip I mentioned some instances where my fears reigned. Part of the song also says,

"Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything"

Psalm 34 expresses the work that the Lord has done in me just since my return at the end of February: "I prayed to the Lord and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him will be radiant with joy!"

I thank you for your prayers on my behalf. The Lord has heard you!

In regards to the ministry work in Ghana, there is MUCH to do! By God's grace we will complete everything He puts before us! Would you please be praying for the Lord's leading and obedience on the part of each person working with the ministry there? We are looking forward to the Lord raising up leaders for His work and purpose. Pray for spiritual growth and strength in our current leaders and for dependency on the One who has called them.

I will spend two weeks in Ghana and then will depart for a two month training based in Bobbio Pellice, Italy in partnership with F. C. A. and O. M. I look forward to learning and to see what God is doing there and how it will be utilized to reach people in Ghana! It will be a new experience with new challenges but Psalm 139 reminds me that I am not alone AND reminds me of He who is with me!

Can I please just express the absolute joy mixed with peace that I rest in as look forward to my evening departure time?!

God's faithfulness is never-ceasing, His love is forever, and His mercy abounds to those who call on Him. Who could ask for more?

My prayer is that each of us will look into our own lives and see the Lord presently displaying His character in the midst of, well,...everything. And that having chosen Him, we will find rest. And for my friends who have not chosen Him or are waiting, that they will consider what He is doing in their very lives. He is always at work around me and that is a great thing, but seeing Him work withIN me and my life, that is incredible!

Thank you for your constant encouragement and support! I carry it with me when I go (and I mean that literally for those who have sent letters and cards over the years!)

May God bless you!

His,
Sandra

PS Here are the lyrics for the entire song I mentioned. Enjoy!

"Only You"
Take my heart, I lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it up to You who’s throned
And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord
Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything
And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now
You should see the view
When it’s only You

No comments:

Post a Comment