23 May 2011

Jeremiah 31:3

I know I'm on a roll here posting but I don't know when I'll be on again...

This morning I was praying for a young woman whom I have never met but has been on my heart for a little while now and also for a little girl whose daddy left their family.

Afterward I thought, you know if I could give one piece of advice to these girls or any female, it would be to allow God to be the God that He declared Himself to be to His people in Jeremiah 31:3.

He says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you to Me with loving-kindness."

I still consider myself to be a young woman. I'm single. And it has turned out that my greatest joy and satisfaction is allowing Someone to love me with a love that lasts forever. When one experiences a forever love, a Love that will outlast this world and even time itself, settling for a love that uses, manipulates, destroys, pressures...man, that almost becomes a non-issue! And recognizing that pseudo-love or ulterior motives becomes wayyyyy easier!

The cool part is, it is the Lord who will draw us to Himself by way of His unfailing kindness. This love that lasts is ours because of Him and not because of us. It is because of His efforts and His kindness. He is doing the work and we only have to respond.

Life ain't always easy. I've heard that the young woman I'm praying for has had it rough and I know it would be easy for this little 6 or 7 year old girl to have issues growing up. But Love conquers all. For those who are struggling it is my prayer that the Father would pour out His loving-kindness upon them, drawing them to Himself, so that they may experience a Love that lasts...FOR-EV-ER!


That was free. Just a lesson I learned myself that came to mind this morning and I thought was worth sharing. :)

I'm signing off now and hoping that I will be able to get on here at least one more time before I leave here.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment