27 April 2011

Something I found...

So I'm going through my email and deleting stuff from 2008. I found this that I wrote. (If I write something just for me I will sometimes email it to myself so that I have if for later and don't have to keep up with it.) It's nothing magnificent but still fitting for today...except for the fact that I don't have contacts or glasses anymore.

***********************
2/14/2008
I sat in the bathroom today and took my glasses off to wash my face.
It is such a different world without corrective lenses. I am legally
blind without them so that might give you an idea of what I see (or
don't see) without them.

It is not often that I take my contact lenses out. The only reason
would be if I am having problems with my eyes, which I am currently.

As I sat with my glasses off I thought about how America is today. It
is so much easier to just take my glasses off because I can do hardly
anything without them on. They allow me to be lazy. They allow me to
ignore the pile of papers and books I have left on the table for two
weeks now. They allow me to avoid the basket of laundry I need to fold
and put away. Not having my glasses on allows me to go to bed and
close my eyes to the world and just sleep.

************

I think we do this too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment