28 February 2011

Mele Ablotsi

I am in America. (Mele Ablotsi.)

The trip home was one of the toughest because I wasn't feeling well. In addition, for some reason I thought that saying good-bye to those I love would get easier as relationships get stronger and I am more certain of the direction of ministry in Ghana. But of course, I am finding that saying good--bye only gets more difficult.

I talked to Kɔsi on the phone today and his voice was just as strong and bright as ever.
"Sandra?"
Kɔsi!
"I LOVE YOU. I MISS YOU"
Kɔsi I love you too and I miss you!
"BYE-BYEEEEE"
click.

Haha, its good to talk to my friends there but it is so difficult to be away. And it is difficult to be directing the work there but not actually be there.

The NGO paperwork is underway and upon completion I can begin to file for a year-long visa allowing me to stay more than a couple of months. Where I was supposed to be able to stay for 3 months in Ghana, I found out as I left the country that was not the case. I was slapped with a fine before I was allowed to leave immigration. I sure will be glad when the paperwork is completed!

Soon I will be sending out an email including a short biography of those who are presently working with Gɔmesese Ministries. If you are not on the email list but would like to be, feel free to email me at holenroof@gmail.com.

I waiting to learn when I will be able to return to Ghana. It will either be this summer or summer 2012. I'll post tentative plans in a later post! For now just know that it is somewhat difficult for me to be here with all that God is doing in Ghana. Just need to focus on what He has me doing here in the way of Ghana ministry and US ministry!

Thank you all for staying updated! Thank you for your prayers! I definitely had some scary times this trip and your prayers were comforting to me. All glory and honor to God for His hand at work and for carrying myself and others through!

No comments:

Post a Comment