27 September 2009

The Lord's Ways

Isaiah 55:8-10 (New International Version)

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I am learning the truth of this scripture as I see how much of my plans for missions aren't necessarily God's ways.

I have been awakened to some things that have interrupted plans (to say the least) and totally changed them (to say the most! :)

It is a difficult situation but things do not appear to be working out according to 'my ways.'

I received such encouragement from a friend today and she said that just because things are changing and don't appear to be working out the way I have planned thus far doesn't mean that God isn't working. She said that my calling my just take a different look or form than I expect.

She's right. God's ways are higher than mine and His thoughts likewise, thank goodness!! The lost would be in trouble if ministry plans were left up to me.

So for now I'm going to trust in Him and wait on His word. Would you pray with me just whenever you think about it, that I would lay down my own will and lowly ways for His will and ways?

Thank you for your support and encouragement! This last week was definitely a week of encouragement, restoration and refreshment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment