09 February 2012

Knowing

I have a friend who knows me. She can watch my face as I listen to others and she knows what I am thinking and how I'm feeling. She can share words of comfort that I need without me ever voicing the need. The crazy thing is that I've only known her for five years! That's a great friendship there!



Another super awesome friend I have is my sister. She knows me probably better than any other human being and is my best friend in the WHOLE WORLD! May not seem like much to anyone else but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her for the first time in over a month and she said, "Did you dye your hair?" almost immediately after she saw me. Now I posted on my blog about my hair color and although I did dye it, it's so close to my natural hair color that no one has noticed the difference. My sister did! AND I had my eyebrows done and the lady put some powder on them to darken them up. My sister asked if I dyed my eyebrows too. I'm pretty sure no one else would notice this except her! It made me feel good to notice this and see how close we still can be.


But there is One who knows me better. Now I've read in Genesis, the Psalms and other places about how God knows us. Sometimes I wonder what these passages mean but most of the time I chalk them up as one of those things I'll never understand. Only, God doesn't let me stay there. He does something. Something to show how much He knows me. Something that reaches so deep within me that I can do nothing but stand in awe of Him and who He is. Something that increases my awareness of Him, my longing to draw near to Him, and my desire to share Him.


Its a sweet thing to have people who know you...who really know you...and love you anyway! There is no greater love than this, that One lay His life down for His friends.


Jesus knows us. And He loves us anyway! 















No comments:

Post a Comment