13 July 2010

X-Cultural LESSONS/observations

It’s true that sometimes it takes a different setting or an outside view of a situation to see it in light of truth. In addition, there are times when one just observes something and the mind draws a connection. These are my observations along with their connections made while living in a cross-cultural setting.

The 'different setting' mentioned in the first sentence would be a West African village. The 'outside view' is my view of my own culture while immersed in this West African culture.

I will not mention names or the country I stayed in as some journal entries may appear to be more than what they are, observations of a Westerner in a Third World country. (However if one really wanted to know where I was/am they can just read other entries within this blog.) These observations are not meant to represent any nation or people as a whole, rather they are honest documentations of a very much one-sided, foreign perspective. The most important thing is that through each, God taught me so incredibly much about myself and my own culture and way of living.

Each entry I will simply title "Lesson 01: I want to put it there", Lesson 02: Blah, blah, blah etc.

Enjoy the insights but remember to keep an open mind!

His,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment